9.02.2008
New places, new faces...
Today was our first day at the new dacare and it was really hard! Kayla was really confused and just sat off to the side watching everyone for a while hugging my leg...I would walk across the room with a toy and she would follow me and hug my leg some more. There was this really cute little boy who was right around the same age who kept bringing her over toys and started drawing her out a bit...and finally she got into playing. And then one of the daycare ladies took her and started showing her where all of the toys were and let her pick one out and by the time I left she was on the floor playing with a whole group of kids around her...so hopefully she'll be okay. I'm sure it's going to be a transition week but hopefully it won't take too long before she's comfortable there and familiar with the new faces and people. I'm so sad for her leaving all of her friends at her old daycare, though. Thursday was really hard...they were all hugging and kissing and waving emphatically. She was so happy there and loved everyone there so much...when we would arrive she would jump down and run off squealing so excited to see her friends and play. It made me feel so good about leaving her there...I hope it gets to be that way here as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment